Designing with Distinction
La Cascade Oct. 3-10, 2017
Share with me a magical, memorable, artistic retreat in southern France. Give yourself the gift of uninterrupted time to learn, laugh, experiment and experience and recharge your creative battery!
We will begin our days with studio instruction focused on jewelry design. Learn how to use these tools to more clearly communicate your unique ideas. I will help you find elegant solutions for your technical issues as well. We will talk about the big stuff: balance, movement, emphasis, proportion, unity, and rhythm. And how to use: color, texture, position, line and form to get where you want to go.
In order to give the lessons time to sink in and become part of your process; we’ll spend time out of the studio exploring and gathering inspiration from the spectacular countryside. There will be leisurely excursions visiting the wonderful area flea markets, the En Calcat monastery and its wonderful art bookstore, the newly renovated Toulouse Lautrec Museum in Albi and the famous Saturday market of Revel, to satisfy your bargain‐hunting needs.
Remember, this adventure is your precious time to focus on your art and inspiration. All excursions are optional; perhaps you will need time alone to think and dream or just take a nap!
The studio is always available and in the evenings we will talk about inspiration, process, creativity...who knows? Fabulous food provided by our personal chef, good wine, new friends, and a slower pace to savor it all.
- Seven nights in a charming room at La Cascade ‐ double occupancy
- All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners prepared by Chef Nese with fresh, local ingredients
- Instructional time and 24 hour open studio time
- Wonderful local excursions and some shopping!
Price does not include:
- airfare, trip insurance (required)
- shared rental car (approximately $200/person)
- the occasional meal and shopping
- $500 deposit will hold your space
- Only 8 participants = individual attention!
- Upon registration you will receive a detailed information packet
Contact Loretta with any questions at email@example.com or 845‐225‐1451 with all questions and to reserve your space.